Lawcover Insurance Pty Limited (ABN 15 095 082 509) and
Lawcover Pty Limited (ABN 48 003 326 618),
Level 13, 383 Kent Street, Sydney, New South Wales. (Lawcover).
What personal information do we collect via the site?
‘Personal information’ means any information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained. The kind of personal information that we collect and hold includes:
- Information to enable us to identify you;
- Your law practice and your practice and claims history;
- Financial information concerning your practice and your ability to pay for our products and services;
- Claims related information to enable us to assess, defend and resolve claims; and
- Any practice or insurance related information that we reasonably require to enable us to provide our products and services.
Generally, we will only collect personal information about you via this website if you, or someone authorised by you or on your behalf:
- Send us an email;
- Register for a risk management education or other seminar arranged by Lawcover;
- Submit an online Professional Indemnity Insurance Application;
- Submit an online Claims Notification Form that contains your personal information; or you
- Give Lawcover personal information when using any part of the site.
We will ask you when we need you to provide further personal information for any reason. We will only collect and hold information that relates to the products and services that you ask us to provide to you.
In some circumstances, we may potentially collect health information via this website in online Claims Notification Forms or in emails addressed to us. We will only collect and hold such information where it is for the purpose of establishing or defending a legal or equitable claim, where it is relevant to the circumstances of the claim, or where you have given the information to us voluntarily or consented to us collecting it.
What will we tell you when we collect your personal information?
Whenever we collect and hold personal information from you, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to let you know:
- How to contact us;
- Why we are collecting and holding the information;
- The organisation or types of organisations to which we usually disclose that kind of information;
- If we are required by law to collect the information; and
- The consequences for you if the information is not provided.
When reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect personal information directly from you and not from third parties. However, there are some situations where it may be unreasonable and impracticable for us to collect information about you directly from you. For example:
- When we collect personal information about persons related to or involved in a claim or potential claim via emails and/or online Claims Notification Forms; and
- When we collect personal information about you from persons associated with your law practice or with the insurance arrangements for your law practice.
For what purposes do we use personal information collected from you?
We will only collect the personal information that we need to deliver and improve the products and services that we provide. Generally, those services relate to the provision of insurance, the handling of claims, risk management education, practice management consultation and provision of our publications to solicitors in New South Wales.
We will only use your email address for the purpose for which you provide it. We may also use your email address to provide any information you request, respond to feedback you give us about this website, and to confirm receipt of emails sent to us.
From time to time, we may send you emails with general information about the products and services we provide and send you Lawcover publications that we believe improve the practice of law by legal practitioners. We will assume that we have your consent to do so. If you do not consent to us using your email address for this purpose, we will give you the opportunity not to receive further emails of that type from us.
We will not use or disclose personal information about you for any other purpose, without first obtaining your consent.
Who will see or have access to your personal information?
Personal information provided to us via this website may be seen or used by persons working for or on behalf of Lawcover or our contracted service providers, including but not limited to:
- External claims panel lawyers (handling claims or other related enquiries);
- Our contracted mailing house (who receive information from the Law Society mailing list so they can mail out our publications);
- Any company which conducts external surverys for us.
- Premium funders (who receive information from application forms, where funding of the premium amount is required);
- Reinsurers and brokers (who may receive information in relation to insurance cover and/or claims. Some of these people may be located in countries outside Australia);
- Other insurers who provide group policies for your benefit.
- Practice support consultants (who may receive information from our premiums and claims databases);
- Actuaries (who use information to analyse premiums and claim trends);
- Auditors (performing claims and underwriting audits); and
- IT service providers.
We will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose to third parties any personal information about you without your consent, or unless we are required to do so by law or under a court or tribunal order, or a permitted general situation (including a permitted health situation) exists within the meaning of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), or we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary for an enforcement related activity.
Will we send your personal information outside Australia?
It may be necessary for personal information that we hold about you to be disclosed to a person or entity outside Australia. This may occur where underwriting and/or claims related information is required by brokers or reinsurers who are located outside Australia in locations including but not limited to UK, USA, Singapore, France, Germany and Switzerland. In the event that your personal information is disclosed to an overseas recipient, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Privacy Act 1988 in relation to the information.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the security of any personal information you provide to us and protect it from misuse, interference and loss, and from any unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
However, the nature of communication by the internet is such that information exchanged via the internet that is not encrypted may be accessed and used by persons other than for whom the information is intended. If you send us any personal information by email, including your email address, it is sent at your own risk. We cannot be responsible for the unauthorised access of and interference to information prior to it being received by our servers.
If we no longer need personal information that we hold about you for any purpose described above and we are not required by law to retain such information, then we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or to ensure that the information is de-identified.
Accessing and correcting the personal information we hold about you
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect from or about you is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant whenever it is used, collected or disclosed. You are entitled to access your information if you wish and subject to any privilege or legal restrictions, and if it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will give you access to the information in the manner requested by you. There may be a reasonable charge which we will pass on to you to cover the cost of retrieving and processing the information.
If you believe the personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, then on your request we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct the information.
We take your privacy seriously. If you believe that your privacy has been prejudiced you have a right to lodge a complaint with us. You should contact the Privacy Officer either verbally by telephone on (02)9264 8855 or in writing at Lawcover Insurance Pty Limited, Level 13, 383 Kent Street, SYDNEY 2000.
We will respond to you in writing within fifteen (15) days of receiving your complaint. If you are not satisfied with the response, you may refer your complaint to the Chief Executive Officer, Lawcover Insurance Pty Limited, Level 13, 383 Kent Street, SYDNEY 2000.
What other non-personal information do we collect via this site?
When you visit this website our server logs the following information provided by your browser:
- The type of browser and operating system that you are using;
- The previous site that you visited; and
- Your computer’s IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the internet: usually one of your service provider’s machines).
In addition, our server logs the date and time of your visit, the address of the pages accessed and the documents downloaded.
We may use a feature of your browser called a ‘cookie’ to assign a user ID. Cookies identify your computer to our servers when you visit the site.
How do we deal with other non-personal information we collect via this site?
We only use the information logged by our server for the purpose of statistical usage analysis or systems administration. The information we collect in this way is not linked to your identity or attributed to you.
Links to Other Websites
Should you wish to read more information about the privacy legislation or the Australian Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.