General Terms & Conditions
You must read these terms and conditions of use before using this site. Use of this site indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. Limited Licence
- Lawcover Insurance Pty Limited (ABN 15 095 082 509) and Lawcover Pty Limited (ABN 48 003 326 618) (‘Lawcover’) grants to you a limited licence to display on your computer, print, download and use the underlying HTML, text, registration facilities, hyperlinks and other content that is made available to you on the Lawcover site, for non-commercial, personal, or educational purposes only, provided that:
- You do not modify, alter, transfer, interfere with the working, remove, create, distribute or paste onto, link to or from another website any content on the site; and
- You include and display on each permitted copy a copyright notice (section 4 below) and a copy of this limited licence (section 1).
- Members of the Law Society of New South Wales may make appropriate use of this material within their legal practice. Despite this, commercial use of this site is strictly prohibited. If a user wishes to establish a link to this site, the user must first obtain the written permission of Lawcover.
- Additionally, you agree by using the site:
- You warrant that any material you post to the site does not infringe a third party’s intellectual property right, is not obscene, and is not defamatory or threatening in any way.
- To the extent permitted by law, the entire content of this site is provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty or condition of any kind.
- Where the liability of Lawcover for a breach of warranty implied by law cannot be excluded, the liability is limited, to the maximum extent allowed by the law, at the option of Lawcover, to the resupply of the services or the payment of the cost of having the services resupplied.
- Lawcover offers no assurance of uninterrupted or error free access to or use of the site or that the site will be error or virus free.
- Lawcover offers no assurance that this website and email messages sent to and from Lawcover using this website will remain free from unauthorised access, corruption, interception, tampering, hacking or viruses.
- Lawcover does not warrant anything about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for a particular purpose of the underlying HTML, text, registration facilities, hyperlinks and other content of the site. The user must rely on its own judgment in respect of any content on this site.
- Lawcover may change any of the information found at this site at any time without notice.
- Lawcover makes no commitment to update the information found at this site.
- Lawcover, its employees or agents are not liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, losses or damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, indirect, special, punitive or consequential losses or damages arising out of the use or inability to use the material or information available on this site, even if Lawcover has been advised of such damages.
4. Intellectual Property Notice
- Copyright in this site is owned by Lawcover and all rights are reserved. Except as provided in the limited licence and any use permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (C’th). No part of any material may be reproduced or provided to the public, in any form or by any means, without written permission from Lawcover.
- The Lawcover trademark and device are trademarks owned by Lawcover. No permission is given for their reproduction or publication by any person subject to the user’s rights granted under the limited licence in section 1 of these terms and conditions.
Unless otherwise specified, Lawcover does not endorse, sponsor or approve or have any affiliation with any third party products or services which may be linked from or to the Lawcover site.
6. Use Of Lawcover Publications
The information provided on the Lawcover site is not intended to be legal advice. Individual user’s particular circumstances will affect the applicability and relevance of information contained on this site. Any publications posted on this site are prepared for the general information of clients and staff of Lawcover. The material presented is not intended to provide legal, insurance or risk management advice. Readers should seek professional advice before relying or acting upon the information conveyed in any publication on this site.
- This document is governed by the law of New South Wales.
- The terms and conditions of this agreement are severable and if any part of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision may be removed but will not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section.
- Our failure to act with respect to a breach of these terms and conditions by you or others does not waive our right to act on subsequent breaches.
- An email is taken to be received when the email message enters the recipient’s electronic mail box and is able to be opened in readable form by the recipient. Proof of an email being received is established by production of an electronic or paper record of the date and time that the email message entered the recipient’s electronic mail box and was able to be opened in readable form by the recipient.